This is your classic tuna sandwich recipe, one that Local Roots recipe developer, Irena Huang, ate quite frequently as a kid. She believes that a thoughtfully prepared tuna sandwich may be the most satisfying meal ever, and the best part is that it can be prepared in a mere fifteen minutes. Fresh herbs and good quality bread are a must here. The rest will come together automatically, kind of like magic. Except it's a tuna sandwich.
1 can tuna, drained from oil or water
1 Tbsp. parsley and or dill, chopped
2 Tbsp. mayonnaise
1 tsp. lemon zest (optional)
2 pieces good bread, toasted
1. In a medium sized bowl, mash boiled eggs.
2. Add mayonnaise until texture is creamy and thoroughly mixed.
3. Fold in tuna.
4. Add herbs, shallot, and lemon zest if using, and a pinch of salt and pepper to taste.
5. Spread a generous amount of tuna salad on a piece of toasted bread, and top with the second piece.
6. Slice in half (should you desire), and enjoy.
This recipe was created by Local Roots Recipe contributor Sachi Nagase / @bothand.nyc.
Local Roots Experiences are fun, pop-up events where we bring the farm to you!
Delicious, farm-fresh harvests are closer than you think.