1/2 C golden raisins
1/4 C apple cider vinegar
1/4 C white vinegar
1/4 cane sugar
1 clove garlic
1. Place raisins and garlic clove in glass bowl or jar. Combine vinegars and sugar and simmer over medium low heat until sugar melts.
2. Pour hot liquid over the raisins and garlic and let sit uncovered while you work on the chicken.
Tumeric chicken and apples
4 Local Roots all-natural chicken thighs (deboned and deskinned… save those for other delicious projects like making broth and crispy chicken skin snacks)
2 Tbsp olive oil|
1 tsp smoked paprika
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp cayenne
2 tsp turmeric|
juice of half a lemon
1 Local Roots fuji apple (or any sweeter variety) sliced into 1/4” rings with core removed
Fresh parsley for garnish
Smoked sea salt for garnish
1. Heat oven to 450. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment. Lay 4 apple rings on the parchment. (save the rest for snacking or a second batch of this recipe)
2. Place all-natural chicken thighs in bowl. Into the same bowl add the oil, paprika, salt, cayenne, turmeric and lemon juice. Using clean hands, thoroughly coat each piece of chicken.
3. Once coated, lay one thigh on each of the apple rings. Place in the oven and bake for 15 mins. Serve over fresh spinach and top with pickled raisins. Garnish with chopped fresh organic parsley and smoked sea salt.
Local Roots Experiences are fun, pop-up events where we bring the farm to you!
VIP discounts and more. Get 20% off any add-on just for signing up!