This simple pasta dish can be thrown together in 30 minutes and is packed full of green veggies and delicious flavors. Substitute the spinach for kale or the leeks for spring onions. Use the springtime veggies you have and you’ll be sure to have a dish that will please all who gather around your table!
½ lb. Local Roots pasta, or a different pasta of your choice
3 Local Roots leeks, thoroughly washed and chopped into rounds, green and white parts
5 Local Roots fingerling potatoes, scrubbed
½ head of Local Roots spinach leaves, washed
4 cloves of garlic, sliced
2 dried arbol chilis, crushed
½ a lemon
1. Fill a large saucepan with water (for the pasta). Put the potatoes in the water while you wait for the water to boil.
2. In a large sauté pan, heat about ¼ cup of olive oil until hot. Add the dried chili and garlic and let sizzle for a moment.
3. Add the leeks, and stir until they begin to brown. Add a large pinch of salt.
4. When water is near boiling remove the potatoes. Cut them into small rounds.
5. Add salt to the boiling water, and then the pasta.
6. Turn the heat down on the leeks and potatoes and cook on low until the pasta is ready, stirring occasionally.
7. Drain the pasta and add to the saucepan along with a large splash of pasta water.
8. Add the spinach, and stir until the pasta is evenly coated with the sauce.
9. Squeeze half a lemon onto the pasta and mix.
10. Serve hot, top with more chili flakes or parmesan cheese.
This recipe was created by Local Roots Recipe contributor Sachi Nagase / @bothand.nyc
Local Roots Experiences are fun, pop-up events where we bring the farm to you!
VIP discounts and more. Get 20% off any add-on just for signing up!