This vegan salad dressing is creamy, salty, and so satisfying! Tahini brings a nuttiness to this dressing that is balanced with the salty and savoriness of the capers and miso. The salad dressing will keep for about a week in the fridge, so give it a try and have delicious salads for the rest of the week.
½ head of Local Roots kale leaves, washed
½ head of Local Roots romaine, washed
3-4 Local Roots carrots, washed and sliced thinly
For the dressing:
1 Tbsp. Local Roots Soom tahini
1 tsp. miso
1 tsp. mustard
2 Tbsps. lemon juice
1 tsp. capers
¼ cup olive oil
¼ cup water
2 garlic cloves, grated or minced
½ tsp. black pepper
1. In a blender or food processor, combine the tahini, miso, mustard, lemon juice, capers, garlic, black pepper, and salt.
2. Add half the water and blend until smooth.
3. With the blender going, drizzle in the olive oil. Add more water if the dressing becomes too thick.
4. Taste for salt, and add a pinch or two and a dash of lemon juice if necessary.
5. Mix the salad and massage into the leaves until well dressed and delicious. Enjoy!
This recipe was created by Local Roots Recipe Contributor Sachi Nagase / @bothand.nyc
Local Roots Experiences are fun, pop-up events where we bring the farm to you!
Delicious, farm-fresh harvests are closer than you think.