This easy and quick Japanese-style potato salad is a great addition to any meal. This recipe can be made all in one pot–boil your eggs and veggies together! Try adding chunks of cucumber or fresh peas at the end for a twist. The most important ingredient is the Japanese style mayonnaise which will bring it all together.
1 cob of corn
2 whole Local Roots eggs, washed
1 Tbsp. kewpie mayonnaise
2 tsp. sugar
1 tsp. salt
1. Place whole eggs, potatoes, and carrots, and corn in a large pot.
2. Cover with cold water and set on high heat.
3. Once the water begins to boil, remove the corn.
4. Set a timer for 8 minutes for the eggs.
5. Remove the eggs at 8 minutes and shock in an ice bath.
6. Check the potatoes with a fork to ensure they are soft.
7. Drain the water.
8. In the same pot, gently mash the potatoes and carrots together. Add the salt and sugar.
9. Set aside to cool slightly.
10. Peel the eggs and lightly mash.
11. Cut the corn off of the cob.
12. Stir the vegetables, eggs, and kewpie mayonnaise together.
13. Taste, and season with a pinch of salt if necessary.
This recipe was created by Local Roots Recipe contributor Sachi Nagase / @bothand.nyc
Local Roots Experiences are fun, pop-up events where we bring the farm to you!
Delicious, farm-fresh harvests are closer than you think.