Green Bell Pepper
1) Scrub, trim and cut the potatoes into small cubes and add to a pot of boiling salted water for a couple minutes to parboil while you prep the onion and pepper.
2) Cut the peppers in half, remove the seeds, and finely chop. Finely chop a small onion (or half a larger one)
3) Heat a combination of olive oil and butter in a skillet (a splash of olive oil and about a tablespoon or so of butter--eye ball it and start with a small amount--you can always add more.) Add the drained cubed potatoes, onions and pepper to the skillet and begin to cook and begin to slightly brown.
4) If using mushrooms, while the other veggies are cooking, dampen a paper towel and brush the mushrooms to clean. Then quarter (or cut into bite-sized pieces) and add to the skillet. Season with salt & pepper and stir everything around and allow to cook.
5) Once the veggies are nearly done (taste--and when you think they only have a couple more minutes to finish up) move the veggies off to one side of the skillet and add a little more butter on the empty side. Season the bottom of the pa with salt & pepper and then crack 2 eggs in.
6) Cover, turn down the heat and allow the eggs to cook until the whites are set and there is a slight movement still to the yolks (or cook to your liking.) Serve and enjoy
Local Roots Experiences are fun, pop-up events where we bring the farm to you!
VIP discounts and more. Get 20% off any add-on just for signing up!