1. Slice tomatoes into 1 1/2 inch slices. Season with salt and pepper.
2. Create your breading stations: season flour with salt and pepper in one bowl, beat eggs in next bowl, season breadcrumbs with salt, pepper, paprika and garlic powder in last bowl.
3. In a frying pan, heat oil on low.
4. Meanwhile, bread the tomatoes. Start by dipping each tomato slice in the flour, then egg mix, then bread crumbs. Repeat for all tomato slices.
5. Add to pan and fry on each side until golden. Remove from pan and place on a paper towel lined plate to drain excess oil.
6. Whisk together mayo and hot sauce to create the sauce.
7. Serve tomatoes with sauce underneath or on the side, and squeeze lemon on top. Enjoy!
This recipe was created by Local Roots contributor Fatima Mortada / @hummusmeetspizza
Local Roots Experiences are fun, pop-up events where we bring the farm to you!
VIP discounts and more. Get 20% off any add-on just for signing up!