The treasured filet mignon is taken from the small end of the tenderloin. It's boneless typically one, has the least connective tissue and fat, making it one of the most expensive cuts of meat. Treat yourself with a bacon wrapped medallion for dinner.
Bacon Wrapped Filet Mignon
1 Acabonac Farm filet mignon
2 slices of thin bacon
1 tablespoon cultured butter
1 teaspoon vegetable oil
1. Preheat an oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Defrost the steak and let it come to room temperature for 30 minutes.
3. Pat the steak dry and slice in half to make two medallions.
4. Season both sides of the steak with salt. Wrap the bacon around the sides of each medallion and secure with a toothpick.
5. Heat a cast iron pan on the highest heat.
6. Sear each side of the filets for 2 minutes each.
7. Place the pan in the oven and bake for 5 minutes for medium-rare, check for an internal temperature of 140 degrees F.
8. Remove the medallions to plates, drape a piece of foil over them and rest for 4 minutes.
9. Remove the toothpicks, garnish with butter and serve.
Local Roots Experiences are fun, pop-up events where we bring the farm to you!
VIP discounts and more. Get 20% off any add-on just for signing up!